Illinois Medicaid Coverage
Where there's Choice, there's Hope.
Illinois joined 15 other states in providing Medicaid coverage of abortion care starting January 1, 2018. This is amazing news for women in Illinois.
Because this is a sudden change in state policy, it will take time for the Hope Clinic to have all of the necessary paperwork completed and contracts in place in order to accept Illinois Medicaid. We are working on this as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, secondary to special funding made available, Hope Clinic can provide abortion care at NO COST for patients that either have active Illinois Medicaid OR are eligible for Illinois Medicaid.
Who Is Eligible For Abortion Care At No Cost At Hope Clinic?
Illinois residents with active Illinois Medicaid or a pending application for Illinois Medicaid
What Is Included At No Cost?
All aspects of the surgical or medical ("pill") abortion appointment: ultrasound, labwork, counseling and informed consent, procedure or medications (either dispensed or prescriptions), IV sedation ("comfort shot"), Rh immunoglobulin (i.e. Rhogam - if needed)
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Photo ID
- Active Illinois Medicaid card (or copy/screen shot of card)
- Copy or screen shot of pending Illinois Medicaid application (confirmation page or application status page)
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible For Illinois Medicaid?
- Go to the "Check if I Should Apply" tool, complete a brief/secure questionnaire and follow instructions for the application process
- Note that eligibility requirements change in pregnancy - it is worth checking if you should apply!
- How Do I Apply For Illinois Medicaid?
- What If I Lost My Illinois Medicaid Card?
- What Are Some Helpful Resources?