- Position: Clinical Assistant/CNA/Medical Assistant
- Reports to: Clinical Resource Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Classification: Full-time or part-time, non-exempt (hourly)
- Salary: starting $17.25/hour
- Location: Granite City, Illinois
The Clinical Assistant will provide direct medical care to patients and be responsible for maintaining the key clinical areas in the building. All employees are expected to uphold and promote Hope Clinic’s mission statement, code of ethics, patient care standards, and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The qualified candidate for the job will have the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
- Learn and assure compliance with pertinent Hope Clinic policies and protocols, Illinois State regulations, OSHA guidelines, and universal precautions. Adherence to all federal HIPAA statutes and understanding of medical confidentiality.
- Assist physicians and/or RN/LPN in clinical areas.
- Assess the condition of the patients (vital signs, pain, bleeding, etc.).
- Set up and close down clinical areas; including thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing and putting away supplies/waste management
- Thorough cleaning and proper sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Maintain accurate charting and documentation of all care rendered to the patient.
- Provide oral and intra-muscular medications under the direction of a physician.
- Provide or oversee the provision of aftercare instructions.
- Identify patients that may need acute medical attention or support from an educator
- Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Job Description: Clinical Assistant 1-23 Page 2 of 3
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Hope.
- Detail-oriented, organized, empathetic, and punctual.
- Ability to stay calm when patients and/or staff are stressed or upset.
- Strong computer skills with experience utilizing electronic medical records.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- This position operates in an outpatient office/ambulatory surgical center setting. Working spaces will include exam rooms, procedure rooms, and recovery rooms.
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Determination: Based on the OSHA guidelines for protection against occupational exposure to hepatitis B virus (HBV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), this position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, and tissues.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear in person, on the telephone, and via web conference. Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens, is necessary. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to frequently lift and move patients.
- This role requires both standing and sitting.